13 May 2008

Clinton's Campaign and Obama Smear Emails--Again?

I've received word from a friend (yes, a friend) who has been in contact with one of HRC's campaign staffers in WV. My friend claims that the staffer have been actively seeking anti-Obama materials from Larry Sinclair's followers with the intention of forwarding them to others. Yes. The staffer actually told the Sinclair people to send him as much material as possible so he could "hand it out" to others.

Apparently, this staffer's communications were cited online by one of Sinclair's supporters, and my friend is preparing her information for me, so no, I haven't seen it yet. Actually, there's no telling what it all signifies: it might be an intentional attempt at smearing Obama, or it might be some silly stunt by some kid who mans the phones and gets overwhelmed by Sinclair's supporters. We'll see.

Even if this tale about the staffer is true, did this impact WV's results? Not one iota. Obama never had a chance there; this is Clinton country. But if this staffer is passing it along to other staffers in other states, or, perhaps, kicking off chain emails a la the "Manchurian Candidate" fiasco, that's another story.

Update: my friend has forwarded the materials, including an email from the Clinton campaign staffer (actually a volunteer). I've included them here.

No comments: